Sali is the biggest town on Dugi Otok (800 inhabitants), located on the north-east part of the island. It is the nearest town to the Kornati National park and in nearby vicinity of the Telascica Nature Park. This makes Sali an ideal holiday destination and the most visited destination on the island.
There is a Catamaran that connects passengers between Sali and Zadar twice a day. If travelling by car, you need to take the ferry to the port of Brbinj on Dugi Otok.
Things to See and Do:
- Visit the Kornati islands or Telascica Nature Park - excursions are offeredby a number of private tourist boats in Sali.
- Scubadiving is offered in Sali.
- In the beginning of August, a summer festival called "Saljske užance" which is held for three (sometimes 4) days and is one of the best known events on the island and the entire archipelago. A donkey race is organized, usually on Sunday, during the festival.
- Nightlife is offered at the Maritimo Bar, located on the main city bay.
Private Accommodation in Sali:
- Category: Island Dugi Otok